Tuesday, July 3, 2007

What happens to the cue ball on coin-op pool tables?



What causes the cue ball to return from a scratch when playing pool on a coin operated tables?
Where the ducks went when the lagoon got all icy and frozen over?
Did you ever wander about it?

Well, I don't have any breaking news about the ducks, but if this cue ball paradox has held you from sleeping, I've got some relaxing news for you.

It turns out that the cue ball happily returns to the table after the scratch because it is slightly bigger than the object balls or because a magnetic mechanism controls the mechanism of the table.
If you want clearer explanations, you can find them in this article:
Pool Cue Ball by Play89.
I know what you are asking now... How can I play pool with a heavier cue ball? Will the Earth's magnetic field spoil my aim?
Well... I guess you'll have to answer these by yourself

No comments: